For dogs 5 months and up & weigh 30 lbs and under. The focus is on teaching your small breed dog self control ( no more barking, whining, nipping, jumping, lunging or demanding attention etc.)
Christie teaches you the skills to improve your companion’s basic manners whether you and your best friend are at home, out for a walk, visiting friends or cruising around town.
Class covers important topics such as:
- Training your dog to be independent whether you are at home or out
- Body language , voice tone, facial expressions when giving commands
- Handling Your dog- (getting your dog use to your touch and preparing him for vet visits)
Basic Commands/ Skills Taught:
- Wait & Distance
- Mastering the walk
- No barking
- Pulling on a leash
- Following your lead
- Up- Getting up from a down position
- Loose lease walking
- Leave it
- Watch me command
- Take it- Taking an object into mouth
- Gentle- Taking an object from mouth
- Proper walking etiquette
- Meet -n- Greet people & other dogs
- Handling you dog-
- Quiet Time
- Safety precautions
- Children & dogs
In addition to teaching you skills, Christie will focus on establishing a relationship between you and your dog that is based on clear communication and benevolent leadership, which helps both you and your dog stay successful even when class is over!
Most importantly, Christie ‘s mission to work with you on becoming a calm assertive pack leader at all times. This is essential in building a stronger, healthier, happier relationship. It is essential that your canine trust you as his pack leader.
Basic obedience classes offer adaptability & flexibility to a busy schedule. If you must miss a class, keep up your homework and come back the following week.
Basic obedience programs are designed so that you can start right away, flexible to your schedule, customizable to your dog’s individual needs, and optimizes distractions and socialization with the ongoing flow of different dogs and owners each week. I guarantee great results in your dog’s manners and your training skills. This program ensures that you and your dog are successful because I customize training to meet your dog’s personality and temperament while giving you optimal results. Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions at: email@example.com.
Classes ensures that you and your dog are successful because
- No Waiting: You can start right away.
- Better Results: Any problem areas that might take longer to achieve such as pulling on the leash, jumping, settling down, waiting politely during dinner? No problem, keep coming back to that section so we can continue to help you. You are not kicked out after 6-8 weeks of classes.
- Customizable: Focus on the problem areas that your dog needs the most and keep from wasting time in unneeded areas.
- Effective: Your dog will be exposed to various dogs/humans each week, guaranteeing better socialization and distraction proofing.
- Flexibility: Classes are offered at different times.
- Adaptability: Flexible to a busy schedule. If you must miss a class, keep up your homework and come back the following week.
- Kid-friendly: We like family participation and educating young ones.
6 weeks session/ one hour per week
Wake Forest Classes
Crenshaw Hall Plantation
1051 Durham Road 27587
Classes: Wednesdays 8 pm – 9 pm
Location: Pet Super Market
6325 Falls Of Neuse Rd, #51, Raleigh, NC 27615
Cross Streets: Between Spring Forest Rd and Bullard Ct
Neighborhoods: North Raleigh
Classes: Mondays 8 pm – 9 pm